Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
5-7 Carrots, chopped
5-7 Parsnips, chopped
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 T Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
2 strips Lemon (or Orange) peel
3 cups Broth (options for bone broth, chicken broth, vegetable broth)
2 cups water
2 T Ghee or Coconut Oil
Salt to taste
1. Add ghee, onions, carrots, and parsnips to large pot. Add salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add ginger, lemon peel, and 1 cup of broth. Cook until carrots and parsnips are soft.
3. Add rest of broth and water, bring to a simmer.
4. In small batches, transfer the mixture to a blender and combine ingredients until smooth. [Careful with hot liquid in the blender]
5. Add additional salt to taste.
Optional toppings: fresh parsley, chives, pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of cayenne, red pepper flakes, protein (chicken, tofu, etc), avocado, the options are endless!