Chicken & Bacon Squash Boat Recipe
1 large spaghetti squash
salt (to taste)
5 slices of thick cut bacon (keep fat from pan)
4 chicken thighs (seasoned with salt, oil, basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 t. garlic powder
2 t. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 c- 1 cup cooked spinach
1. Chop squash length-wise in half. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Flip face down on a pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the shell is slightly soft and fork easily moves through it (depending on size of squash usually 45 minutes).
2. While squash is cooking, chop bacon into small pieces and cook in a frying pan. Set to the side for now.
3. Season chicken thighs with salt, oil, basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook in the same pan as the bacon. Set aside for now to cool. Keep the fat/oil mixture from the pan.
4. Chop green onion. Set aside.
5. Lightly saute spinach. Set aside.
6. Once the squash is fully cooked, remove from oven and let it cool.
7. Slice chicken into bite size pieces.
8. Once the squash is cool, take a fork and work your way through the squash.
9. Top with sliced chicken thighs, chopped green onion, bacon, garlic, red pepper flakes, spinach, and drippings from bacon pan. Mix it all together (you can also do this is a bowl then add it back to the squash shell). Add any additional salt to taste.
10. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
***to make this recipe AIP compliant omit the pumpkin seeds and red pepper flakes!
Watch my meal prep video with this recipe HERE.