Portabella Chicken “Burger” Recipe 🍔
2 large portabella mushrooms
2 chicken thighs
arugula basil pesto (separate recipe below)
arugula guacamole (recipe here)
1. Marinate chicken (or just brush if you don’t have a lot of time) in arugula basil pesto.
2. Brush mushrooms with olive oil and salt (to taste).
3. On one sheet pan, bake chicken and mushrooms at 350 degrees.
4. While chicken and mushrooms are cooking, chop onion and add to a sauté pan with olive oil and salt. Cook until caramelized.
5. When the onions, mushrooms, and chicken are done assemble “burger.” Start with one mushroom as your base, then add chicken thigh(s), top with caramelized onion, and guacamole. Optional: I’ve added broccoli sprouts on top and it’s awesome! Would also be great with some bacon (because everything is good with bacon).
Arugula Basil Pesto recipe:
In a blender or food processor combine olive oil, salt, arugula, basil, and garlic. Blend until liquid. Done!