-whole head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
-1/2 c. bone broth (or chicken or vegetable broth)
-salt to taste
-1-2 T. minced garlic
-3/4 c. green onion, chopped
-optional: 1 T. ghee
1. Put the cauliflower florets into a pot and fill with just enough water to cover the florets. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender.
2. Strain the florets and let sit so all the water releases.
3. In a blender, add florets, broth, salt, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the green onion. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more broth for a puree like consistency. Add less broth for a more solid consistency.
4. Optional: Put the mash back into the pot and add 1 T. ghee for an extra creamy/buttery flavor. Stir together and heat until melted.
5. Top the mash with the remaining 1/4 cup green onion.
6. Optional: I love to also to this mash top with a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s ‘Everything but the Bagel‘ blend.
Goes great as a side dish! We ate it with sautéed mushrooms and grilled chicken thighs!