1. This article on the Paleo for Women blog discusses why you might want to supplement with a multivitamin. She mentions a tool called Cronometer (https://cronometer.com) which maps your intake of vitamins, minerals, and proteins. This is a great tool to use for a week to track where you might be lacking (I eat a lot of vegetables, but still don’t always get enough leafy greens). She makes clear, and I agree, that this should not be used to obsessively track your food, but rather to paint a picture so you can make more informed decisions.
2. Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt, the women behind Autoimmune Paleo, released their new book, Autoimmune Wellness Handbook. I’ve started reading my copy and commend them on how in-depth they go. It also includes a 4 week meal plan and 12 week lifestyle guide.
3. I’m on a constant journey to find the best skin care products. I stumbled upon Annmarie Gianni Skin Care and resonated 100% with their values. They offer organic, wildcrafted products. I just tried a sample pack (they are only $10 and you can try one here) and put in my first order because I loved it. Here is $25 off your order of $75 or more.
4. Who else thought the supermoon was incredible? I used this week to renew my intentions and clear blockages from my life. I also charged my crystals. Some of which are now on sale on my website here. I love Mystic Mamma’s round up of insights into the moon cycles, you can read them here.
5. There are only a few more days left in Oprah & Deepak’s 21 day meditation, but I highly recommend listening if you can spare the time. It’s worth it. When I was listening today a line resonated with me: I relate to others through my strong core, my center.
6. I had a hard week. Full of stress and unexpected complications. I found myself asking, “what message is the Universe sending me?” “what is this here to teach me?” “how does this stress/fear/anxiety become a stepping stone rather than a stumbling block?” “what do you do when nothing makes sense?” I was thankful for this series of 4 full moons which have cleared the low vibes out and opened up space for expansion and growth. But, the process can sometimes be greuling. Ultimately, ‘trust the process’ became my mantra. How do you deal with stress or hard situations? I’ll be writing more on this in the near future 😉
7. Out of a frustrating experience came some raw writing. This is for anyone who is struggling to start their healing journey.
8. Intermittent fasting may help regulate the immune system. Read more here.
9. Telomerase activity is a predictor of long-term cellular viability. A new study shows that meditation positively affects telomere length. Read more here (and start meditating!!!).
10. Have thyroid issues? Dr. Brandon Brock writes about selenium, one of his favorite ways to bring down antibodies in those with autoimmune thyroid disease. An important thing to do so that you do not get cross-reactivity and other autoimmune conditions. Read his blog here.
Share what you’ve been reading or doing lately below!